Wednesday 9 September 2015

If My Face Were Outer Space

If my face were outer space a twinkly star would be my eye, my rays shine down to earth if I were to cry. What would I dare to fancy for dazzling, glistening, sonic hair? a twisting, warping, stunning, bright, burning solar flare.

As for my tiny, button, nose why not Jupiter! My nostrils would be it's swirling storms, wouldn't that be super! My lips would be an awesome gaping gigantic moon. My mouth would be a huge crater, too big for any spoon!

My lashes are the luminous blue and green northern lights, as I look down they brush the earth exciting and bright. Though my teeth are crooked and clearly irregular, they are beautiful space probes. They make me look like a homeless beggar.

My ears are circular galaxies, like the Milky Way. Round and round they rotate hearing every word you say! Earrings are constellations sitting peacefully in the sky. When people see them at night they heave a heavy sigh. 

If my face were outer space I agree it'd be quite fantastic, but where, oh, where is my body up there? It seems to be quite absent.

By Sophie Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment